Loading...

History

The MacNabb Funeral Home, P.A. was original the Hillsinger Funeral Home located in Ellicott City, which started as a cabinet, blacksmith, and livery service around 1841.  Mr. Hillsinger began offering untertaking serivce in approimately 1861, and Mr Hillsinger's son-in-law, Mr MacNabb took overrunning the family business upon returning from WWI as Mr. Hillsinger had passed away while he was away in the service.  Mr. MacNabb and his wife deceided in 1922 to moved the funeral home from Ellicott City to summer village of Catonsville.  The orginal funeral home was located at Eggs Lane next to the current day firehouse.  The original funeral home building is no longer standing.  In late 1940's the funeral home relocated to our present location at 301 Frederick Road and the corner of Wade Avenue.  The funeral home has ungone many renovations since then but the charm of the lovely victorian style home is preseved within our surroundings. Today, our funeral home is still family owned and is operated by the 5th generation of family owners, George E. MacNabb.

© MacNabb Funeral Home, P.A. and Cremation Society of Maryland, INC. | Baltimore, Maryland - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants